Fancy and Easy Chocolate Raspberry Dessert for a Memorable Valentine's Day [No molds or special equipment]
There is nothing that says love like a handmade dessert from the heart.
Published: February 11th, 2023 | Last Updated: February 11th, 2023
This Valentine's Day, spoil your significant other with a beautifully crafted dessert that will not only look impressive, but taste incredible as well. Our "Fancy and Easy Chocolate Raspberry Dessert" combines a rich chocolate ganache, tangy raspberry coulis, crunchy chocolate crumb, and delicate honey tuile to create a harmonious balance of flavors and textures.
The chocolate ganache provides a velvety smoothness and intense chocolate flavor, while the raspberry coulis offers a tart contrast that balances out the sweetness. The chocolate crumb adds a satisfying crunch to every bite, and the honey tuile brings a touch of delicate sweetness and an attractive decorative element to the dish.
This recipe may look like it requires a lot of work, but it's surprisingly simple to make. This recipe doesn’t require any special molds or any fancy equipment so you should be able to make it using common household utensils and appliances. So put on your apron and let's get started on making this fancy and easy dessert that is sure to make this Valentine's Day extra special.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- 300g heavy cream
- 20g caster sugar
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g butter, diced
- pinch of salt
Raspberry Sauce (Coulis)
- 125g raspberries
- 15g icing sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 100g almond meal
- 100g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 35g butter
- 35g honey
- 35g egg white (about 1 egg white)
- 35g all purpose flour
- A few fresh raspberries
- (optional) freeze-dried raspberries, crushed into powder
- Start by making the chocolate ganache. Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl. Heat the heavy cream, sugar and salt until it’s just starting to bubble. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and gently swirl the bowl so that all the chocolate is covered in the cream. Let sit for 1 minute and stir in small circles from the center using a whisk until the mixture is smooth. Add the butter and continue to stir until smooth. Touch plastic wrap to the surface and place in the fridge until set.
- To make the raspberry sauce, sieve the icing sugar. Then push the fresh raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve using a spoon. Stir until the icing sugar is dissolved. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve in the fridge.
- For the crumb, preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, sieve together the flour, almond meal and sugar. Pour in the melted butter and mix until well combined. It should be like wet sand with a few clusters. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant.
- To make the honey tuile, combine the butter and honey and heat it up in the microwave in 30 second bursts until the butter is melted. Mix in the flour and egg white and stir until mixture is smooth. Spread over baking paper in an even thin layer (about 1mm) using an offset spatula or a rolling pin. Bake at 320°F (160°C) for about 10 minutes or until most of the tuile is golden brown.
Using a spoon, pour a few swirls of raspberry coulis. Create a small mound of crumbs. Create the ganache swirl by scraping the ganache with a hot spoon tilted in the direction of the movement. Gently place onto the crumbs and finish with fresh raspberries, a shard of the honey tuile and sprinkle freeze dried raspberry powder
Create a small mound of crumbs. Place a large spoon of the ganache onto the crumbs. Using a hot spoon, create a small well inside the ganache. Carefully pour the raspberry sauce into the well until it is full. Add some fresh raspberries, cover with honey tuiles and finish with a sprinkle of raspberry powder.
Molded Tuile and Heart Decoration
Create molded tuiles using the same recipe but using a silicone mold. Once baked, twist the tuiles into desired shapes and allow to cool.
Melt some chocolate and pour into a piping bag/ziplock or parchment paper piping bag. Cut a small tip (around 2mm). Draw a heart, as shown in the photos. Carefully pour raspberry sauce until the heart is filled.
Fill a piping bag with ganache and pipe a few different sized kisses onto the plate. Sprinkle some crumb around the kisses. Add fresh raspberries and sprinkle with raspberry powder. Gently place molded honey tuiles over the ganache.
Serve the chocolate raspberry dessert immediately and enjoy the delightful harmony of flavors and textures.
Your Valentine's Day just got a whole lot sweeter with this Fancy and Easy Chocolate Strawberry Dessert. It's the perfect combination of decadent chocolate, fresh fruit, and delicate sweetness, making it a delightful way to show your love and affection.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.