Homemade Roasted Pistachio Paste
Rich roasted pistachio paste for ice creams, mousse and cakes
Published: June 6th, 2020 | Last Updated: July 24th, 2021
Pistachio paste is often used to flavour ice cream, mousse, ganache or cakes. However, it is often hard to find in your local stores or really expensive. Here is the method and recipe to make your own pistachio paste out of whole pistachios. This recipe involves a light toasting to bring out a luxurious flavour.
- 300g Whole shelled raw pistachios
- 20g Pure icing sugar (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Toast the pistachios in the oven at 180°C/356°F for 15-20 minutes or until fragrant and nutty.
- Combine the pistachios, icing sugar and salt in a food processor (we used a Nutribullet) and blend until a smooth paste or a desired consistency is reached. The mixture will start off looking quite dry, but it will smoothen out after continuing to blend and the oils are released. It might look like it won't come together to a smooth paste, but it will. Occasionally scrape down the sides so that the mixture is evenly blended.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.