Pretty little pistachio one-bites
Published: October 31st, 2020 | Last Updated: July 24th, 2021
Crunchy Pistachio Base
- 150g white chocolate
- 75g pistachio paste (or make your own)
- 75g feuilletine
Pistachio Microwave Sponge
- 110g pistachio paste
- 110g caster sugar
- 180g egg white
- 30g sifted plain flour
- 2g salt
- 50g Caramelised white chocolate
- Rose petals (1 per serving)
- Offset spatula
- Flat tray
- Baking paper / silicone mat
- 5-10 plastic cups
- Siphon Gun / Cream Whipper - this is used to aerate the sponge mixture before piping. If you do not have a siphon gun, you can make the sponge following this recipe: Pistachio Microwave Sponge Without Siphon.
- 3 cream chargers (N2O gas cartridges)
- Cooling rack (optional)
- 3cm circle cutter
Crunchy Pistachio Base
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, in small 15-second bursts, stirring between each burst, and being careful to not exceed 29°C.
- Add the pistachio paste to the melted chocolate. Stir until the mixture reaches 26.5°C.
- Add the feuilletine and carefully fold in until evenly mixed.
- Spread the mixture 5mm thick onto a tray lined with baking paper (or silicone mat) using an offset spatula.
- Allow the mixture to set in the fridge.
- Add all the ingredients together while cold into a tall vessel.
- Mix with a stick blender until evenly combined.
- Strain the mixture and pour into a siphon gun.
- Fill the siphon gun with 3 cream chargers (N2O gas cartridge) and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Cut a few slits in the bottom of the plastic cups.
- Fill the cups about 40-50% full.
- Microwave for 40 seconds each, one cup at a time.
- Allow the sponge to cool in the cup upside down on a cooling rack or off the edge of a table.
- Once cool, carefully unmould the sponge by running a knife around the edge of the cup or by cutting the cup away.
- Wrap exposed sponge in plastic wrap if not going to use right away.
- Cut small discs out of the crunchy pistachio base using a 3cm circle cutter.
- Melt the caramelised white chocolate and pour into a piping bag.
- Tear the sponges into small pieces (about 3cm each).
- Cut a small hole at the tip of the piping bag (about 3mm) and pipe a small blob of caramelised white chocolate (about 1cm) on each crunchy base disc.
- Gently place the sponge pieces on top of each base.
- Pipe a tiny dot of caramelised white chocolate on each sponge piece.
- Top each sponge piece with a rose petal.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.