Coconut Streusel Crumb
A crunchy crumb for plated desserts
Published: May 13th, 2020 | Last Updated: July 24th, 2021
This coconut streusel crumb is buttery and rich yet light and crisp. It is perfect for a crunchy element in plated desserts or as a base to a quenelle/rocher of ice cream. It is also great as a crunchy topping on cakes and entremets.
- 80g all purpose flour
- 80g brown sugar
- 80g cold unsalted butter
- 40g almond flour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- Roughly cut the butter into small 2cm cubes. Keep the butter cold by storing it in the fridge until needed.
- Sift the brown sugar, almond flour, all purpose flour and desiccated coconut together.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add all the ingredients and mix at a slow speed.
- Stop the mixer as soon as the mixture comes together. Spread the dough onto a tray and store in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Pass the dough through the grid of a cooling rack to get uniform sized crumbs for even cooking.
- Spread the crumbs evenly over a tray and store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
- Bake at 160°C for around 16 minutes or until browned.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.