Crispy Wafer Tuile Entremet Decoration
Delicate and Crispy
Published: February 1st, 2020 | Last Updated: July 24th, 2021
This decoration is quick to make and adds an delicate and artistic touch to any entremet cake.
- 15g flour (all-purpose)
- 30g pure icing sugar
- 3g corn starch (corn flour)
- 35g egg whites
- 150g water
- 16g unsalted butter
- 1g salt
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and cornstarch together.
- Whisk together the sifted mixture with the egg whites until combined (no need to incorporate air).
- Boil the water, butter and salt together.
- Once boiling, pour over the mixture and whisk to combine. The mixture will be quite fluid.
- Bring entire back to a boil, continuously stirring for a minute.
- Cool mixture in fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add cooled mixture to a piping bag.
- Place silicone mat on a baking tray.
- Cut a tiny 1-2mm tip from the piping bag.
- Pipe the mixture on the tray in a grid or various shapes. Make sure when piping the shapes, that each area of the shape is roughly the same size for even cooking.
- Bake the tray in the top level of the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooked, take out the tray and immediately peel off the tuile using an offset spatula and twist the tuile into the desired shape. It will be very hot to touch but if it cools down too much, it will set too quickly.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.