Crispy tuile perfect for plated desserts or cakes
Published: March 14th, 2022 | Last Updated: March 30th, 2023
This is our go-to recipe for a delicate and crispy honey tuile. It only uses 4 ingredients and is super simple to make and easy to remember since all of the amounts are the same!
This tuile utilises silicone moulds to create intricate and detailed designs! You'll want to find a mould with the right shape. Try to find a mould where the shapes and lines are about the same size. That way, it will cook evenly. We recommend moulds like this one which you can buy on Amazon*.
You can still make this tuile by spreading it thinly and into an even shape. However if the shape has a large surface area, the edges will brown quicker than the middle area. Because of this, we recommend using slender and thin shapes and using a stencil of some sort to ensure it bakes evenly.
- 35g butter
- 35g honey
- 35g egg white (about 1 egg white)
- 35g all purpose flour
- Melt butter and honey together in a microwave
- Add all ingredients together and mix with whisk until smooth
- Spread on mould and bake for about 8 minutes at 160°C
- Carefully remove from mould before cooled. The tuile will be soft until it cools.
- Make sure to spread cleanly (i.e., scrape so that the batter fills the mould and scrape the mould so that there is no excess. It is difficult to remove the thin layer amongst the details.
- The tuiles are extremely delicate. Be extra careful when handling.
- Store the tuiles in an airtight container and place the tuiles on at the last minute to retain the crispiness.
Get the latest recipes and insights!
Subscribe to our mailing list for the latest dessert recipes, tips and advice.